I'm planning to build my own table here soon. 5x10, Aluminum gantry, 4.5 NM Nema 34 motors (undecided on steppers vs hybrids vs servos), dual double T5-25mm timing belt X axis (doubled on each side) protected under table, cable track protected under table, timing belt and ball screw Y axis, ball screw Z axis protected inside gantry, replaceable water table pan, welded steel table, V bearings on v guides on top of rails and v bearings directly on stainless steel strap on bottom, motors mounted low for counter balance and protection. For control I plan to use LinuxCNC on a dedicated computer.

I don't have a ton of experience with CNC plasma but with my math it seems this should do 300 ipm and slower speeds well if I get the gear ratio in the belt drive correct. I have a XP45 with a machine torch and it shows a max of ~250 IPM for 16 ga. The ball screw will be preloaded against the gantry tube so that should minimize any whipping. The timing belt setup for the length of the x axis will sit against the tube of the table and have a second belt interlocking with it to minimize stretch and belt movement. Not that the gantry will be able to stretch the equivalent of 4" wide T5 belt.

What is everyone thoughts on my design? I'm open to constructive criticism and have no plans to manufacture it more than once (only for me).

The rendering is fairly basic since I do not know how to draw timing belts and I mostly did it to figure out the needed material lengths. I plan to mill lightening holes in the gantry side plates once I have all the limit switches mounted and timing belt covers made.

Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/X9CMCi_hZ1M