The Problem: Sometimes, the mill and lathe in my garage sit for months without being used. In that period of time, the way lube dries out / gums up and then I have to clean the machines thoroughly and re-lubricate everything before I can use them. In some cases, the oil will gum up in passages and oil grooves, requiring complete dis-assembly and cleaning in order to restore functionality. All of the typical way lube products that I've seen or used do this. Vactra #2, SlideWay 68, and similar. On a machine being run every day, or even monthly, this isn't a significant concern. But when a machine sits totally idle for 4 months in a hot garage, it's a real pain.

The Question: Has anyone found a good way lube that doesn't dry out and turn into glue after a few months?

Additional Thoughts: I know that one of the design elements of way lube is the addition of tackifiers and such to help retain oil on vertical surfaces, and I understand the need for that. I also understand why grease is generally undesirable for box/dovetail ways because of the added friction. But what about lighter grease? For example, an NLGI 0 or 00 synthetic PFTE grease (Super-Lube 41150/0 or similar). Cost isn't a big issue, I just need something that isn't going to dry out / turn into glue and/or clog small passages when not in-use. The way lube I'm using now is Oemeta HYCUT SW68.