586,119 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Simodrive Problem

Hi Everybody,
    I have the problem with SIMODRIVE ( SIEMENS ) model 6SC6140-0FE01 when I start to move axis the table hunting and move slow and then alarm occur.I tried to check power transister,FET on the PCB but I can't find the part problem.I hope somebody can help and please advice to me how to check.

The part number you have quoted is for a power card from a Siemens 610
    servo drive.First of all swap this card for one from another axis and see if the problem moves to the other axis.If it does not I would suspect the N board that controls the board you think you have the fault on.I suppose you have checked the commutation feed back cable and the encoder/cable.You can also swap these cables about to see if the fault moves.I have a lot of these drives and have had my share of problems with them over the years but have found that the 1FT5 motors are very reliable.95% of the problems I have had have been the G and N boards.If you have a spare axis position on an N board try moving the motor feedback onto that,you will also have to move the ribbon cable.I have a pdf for these drives which I can email to you if your mailbox can accept a large file.You can also download documentation from the Siemens site but is a hard site to navigate and I can`t remember if the 610 manuals are still on it.
    Mark

Thank you for your advice. I had to change anothers board and the problem is occur to anothers axis.I'm sure the problem is on this card.But I don't have any idea to check on this card.Do you have any idea?Please advice to me.

I`m sorry.I have never had a problem with one of these cards.I have a manual for this drive which might help.Do you have an email address?
    Mark.

Thank you very much for your assitance and my e-mail address is [email protected]
    Waiting for your document.
    Thank you again for your assitance

Wanchai,I have put a pdfof the Siemens 610 drive on my website and emailed you the link to download it from.
    Good luck.
    Mark.