Hi,

My partner and I are building an off-grid sustainable house (swedish countryside, architect plans at first revision, plot of land has been bought, etc). We are planning to use CNC plywood for a lot of the interior, furniture, etc [kitchen, beds, sofa, tables, storage shelves, outdoor seating, etc]. I'm an engineer and did hand coded g-code and CNC in my degree 25 years ago, and in recent years I've designed and built fixtures and furniture (cupboards, wardrobes, children's study desks / tables, etc) by having them cut at a local CNC shop (using egger board). I've built patios, bathrooms, etc. So all of this is within my competence and capacbility and doing our own CNC (we'll either buy or DIY a cnc machine, e.g. I see the maslow CNC ... but I would prefer a flatbed) is a really exciting part of the build. With the house build a year or two away, I've only just started to familiarise with CNC furniture. It's awesome !

What I want to do is design and prototype at small scale, e.g. using a ~40cm desktop CNC machine (like a bangood 318) at say a scale between 1:3 and 1:10. Means I can do it in our current small property (city centre) and over the next year or so incrementally do the designs, iterate and have them fairly stable. Then eventually the real thing.

I'm totally at the front of the learning curve and would be great to hear thoughts and pointers, recommendations, etc. especially if you've done or are doing this.

Thank you in advance!

Matthew