Quote Originally Posted by Green0 View Post
Yeah if Doosan never solves it, I start to look crazy advocating for solutions effecting the success of my 45 employees and their families don't I?

Quitting is really what you are saying. Quitting isn't an option. The only option is the direction of a path to success.

Early I think people thought this was a ladder issue. If there are smart people at Doosan (and I believe there are) they probably knew many months ago there was a major software issue here and that's where I look stupid because it took me a long time to understand that. Granted you have to realize I don't speak Korean so I got bits and pieces of information from our production manager third hand and have to patchwork quilt them together to try on my not solution end of the problem to try to figure out how to influence resolution.

I'm really surprised that Doosan was OK with these issues to ship a machine, and I keep waiting for a resolution as a warranty customer on $500,000 worth of the effected equipment and I'm not seeing light in the tunnel, and I need to order more equipment ideally from the same company and also have that equipment help us operate it with less hand holding, and everyone here is frustrated at this point. The known issues are:

1. No ability to import (put in old saved data)

2. No ability to export (save out proved data)

3. No ability to manually enter known or theoretical data (work around populate a single tool, or
re-load manually from pictures an entire known proven and unable to be exported table)

4. No ability to functionally operate "TEACH" function in dual path mode

5. No ability to recognize a zero to cancel monitoring of a single axis or spindle

6. No ability to teach a single tool that was skipped (or that skipped an individual desired axis population) in a teach process

7 (machine ladder problem) when the machine hangs on account of tool load monitoring, the spindle and coolant should shut off on that path only. (I feel like 1/2 the hangs are erroneous and probably also related to software issues).

8 (TOTALLY UNRELATED) The need of the machine to be given at odd times M264 and M265 to accomplish some mystery function involving the machine ladders gremlin issues.
I guess maybe Doosan software engineers need to spend a little more time on the shop floor and less time behind their desks. It sounds like all of the complaints that you list are software issues that could be corrected by a software engineer visit to your facility. This is not going to be handled by a service tech.

Back in the day when I was a field tech for a German machine manufacturer, if we had software issues that we couldn't solve via emails and phone calls, we would bring in one of the software engineers from the head office in Germany and sit them down in front of the machine until it was working to the customer satisfaction. The thinking was if the customer was going to spend $250K on a machine then it probably should work as expected, and of course the software corrections were then made the standard for the next machines.

To start I would bring in your local Doosan sales rep and have a long chat.