Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
I've just realized how reasonably priced Fusion 360 really is. I wanted to purchase a new TTS R8 collet from Tormach and wasn't expecting them to be cheap. The current price is $39.95. Shipping to Europe has always been expensive, even with USPS. Unfortunately they no longer list USPS shipping and for UPS they charge $134.72 UPS then charge an additional $25-$30 for the pleasure of actually delivering it. Add import taxes and the total price comes to around $217. Add a second collet and the shipping increases an additional $23!
The Fusion subscription is suddenly looking like a real bargain.
Step
But here's the rub. Imagine next week after buying the tool holder that your next monthly payment on it was due and that since you are a happy customer making your payments on time it has been decided by someone arbitrarily that your tool holder can no longer be used to hold a ball end mill and you will only be able to run it at half the total RPM of your machine. Oh and by the way that tool holder will be costing you money every month whether you use it or not. That's the rub with cloud based subscription software. You just don't have enough control over it and the default forced position of save everything on our servers only makes that worse. I'm not paying a nickel until there is an option to turn off saving data in the cloud.