I have a new PM1022 lathe which I plan to convert for CNC. It is reportedly the same as a Grizzly G0602, at least it's the same size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crated.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	451177

It arrived a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the stand with it but have found that stand to be very unstable. A new stand has been built which feels much better.

Name:	OnStand.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	451179

I ordered ball screws from linearbearingmotions and have those in hand. The Z axis is a 20mm screw with a double ball nut. That for the X axis is a 12mm ball screw. I purchased the X screw with two nuts. The plan was to use both back to back to reduce backlash. However, after a preliminary look at the cross slide I doubt both nuts will fit. We'll see when I get further into it.

Name:	BallScrews.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	451181

Name:	BallScrews-2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	451183

I have not found a cnc conversion of a PM1022 (or PM1030). If anyone knows of one please let me know. I've studied the conversions from Russtuff and WadeO who have each done nice conversions of G0602 lathes. Based on their designs I ordered the ball screws before seeing the machine. I ordered the PM1022 the end of May and it was delivered, as I said, a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if this will take a couple of months or a couple of years. You are all welcome to come along for the ride.

Thanks.