Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
Hi All - A question for the electronics guys out there. Small cheap routers often connect two motors from a single driver to cut cost. I have played with this but they didn't run fast. Mid band resonance I think kicked in. So the driver becomes confused with the two motors. My question is can you run two drivers from a single BOB output? With the lifting gantry design I need more axes so this would solve part of that problem. Next time I have a test board set up I will test this but someone may know the answer already... Peter
No that is not the norm, to run 2 motors from ( 1 ) Drive, the drive would have to have the capacity and designed to do that, so you would not save much by trying this, the reliability could be the main issue

Are yes you can run 2 Drives from a single Breakout Board output, there are Breakout Boards that already have this feature.

If you use a right hand and a left hand Ballscrew, then you would not have to have any change to the wiring both Drives would receive the same signal

If both Ballscrews are the same then you have to reverse the signal to ( 1 ) of the Drives