586,032 active members*
3,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Parts for Mori MV-40.

Hi,

We need to buy the Flush Springs part no. Y73203 for a Mori Seiki MV-40 VMC, this is the kind of washer that makes the spindle to hold the tool (these are located inside the spindle). At this point we haven't been able to locate them. If any one knows where to by this product it will be a great help.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

GP.

I assume you're talking about the springs that supply the pull force and pulls up on the pullstud to hold the tool. Try googling belleville springs, a few possibilities are http://www.keybellevilles.com/ or http://www.solonmfg.com/index.cfm - you'll just need an ID/OD/thickness/dish angle and how many. Much cheaper than getting from the machine tool dealers.

Thank you very much, I will look for them.

GP.

Have you found the parts yet? I might be able to help ... I need help with Page 13 of the operating manual, mine is missing and that is where the m codes are ... will you help? John

I need a manual for the mv-40 i bought. Anyone have copies of theirs to share with me? I'll pay your copy & ship cost. Am also looking for toolholders and knobs.

Greg

Mori MV-40 Drawbar force

Not all belleville washers are created equal. After you replace the washers on the drawbar, the drawbar force needs to be checked. 10K rpm spindle should have a clamping force of 5.88 - 7.84 KN. 20K spindle should have 6.84 - 8.33 KiloNewtons of force.
    --Solute

Greg, I have the operations Manual and would be happy to help. Email me at [email protected] and we exchange phone numbers to talk .... Cheers, John

John:

I bought the parts already, thank you very much. I do have a manual for MV/35, MV/40; but on page 13 of the operation section there are no M codes; on the maintenenace section page 1 there are the M codes for the ATC movements, if that is what you need please let me know you fax no. in a PM and I will send it to you.

Greg.

gbowne1:

I do have a manual for your machine, I am located in Mexico and the freight will be very expensive. But if you see the other posts johnalmon has it and he is in the USA, why don't you contact him to see if he can make some copies for you?? Of course if he can't please let me know to see what we can do.

Greg.

I found the page I was looking for !! Thanks guys.

Hi again! :-)

I need both the operations manual and the maintenance manual, but it would be fine if thats all you have.

I bought this machine not that long ago, and all I got was the machine itself. It was sitting in the back far corner of someones shop sitting idle for what probably was a number of years. They didn't have the manual (a big surprise for me!!) and they didn't know who in the area would help me out.. all they said was to deal with the MFG. and they weren't gonna give me the tooling that went with it either. I got it for the cost it took me to come pick it up and pay the loader who put it on the truck for me.. and I paid the shop's manager $50 for the opportunity to get it.

I also have a Okuma-Howa Millac 3VA and a Hitachi-Seiki VA-40 VMC (similar to the one thats being parted out on the zone) that look simiar too that I rescued from going to scrap.. both very nice machines. The one machine came with a well used Huot tool cart with a few basic tools and a few extra knobs.. the other just had one tool that came with it.. still in the spindle. I have a friend that is gonna bring me a Leadwell VMC sometime at the beginning of '09. (I'm a bit of a mill fanatic.. I started out with a ol timer Bridgeport CNC) fortunately I found a big enough shop.

It's easier to catch me on my cell, but I'm often in/at my shop where I can't easily hear or get to my phone right away.. so pardon if I don't answer it.. but I will get back to you. I have a fax machine I can set up from my home #.. but we'd have to talk on the phone first.

I use OneCNC, MasterCAM, Solidworks, CATIA v5, AutoCAD 2009.. the list goes on. I'd love to have posts that work with the machines.

Greg Bowne
    Seattle, WA, USA

Greg:

Did you get the manuals?? I hpe so. I will be happy to help you if you don't; I know how painfull it is to get manuals when you don't have them. I just wanted to to make it easier for you to get in the US.

Greg.

No I hadn't heard anything yet.. I was gonna try and locate their distriubutors in the US.

What I really would like is the param codes.. some tooling.. retention knobs, basics on set up, etc.

I sent a message to Lyndex/Nikken for a quote on a tooling package.

Greg

Greg, I have not found the maintenance manual, or a programming manual.

If I can get a copy, I will upload them to the web and post a link for everyone ...

John

Great!

Aside from copies, I would apprecate having some manuals in a .PDF Format.. Desk & Shelf space around here is a little limited. :-|

If you can't do that yourself, then there are FedEx/Kinkos all over the country who could make a .PDF of any printed paper document for a small fee.

Greg

Greg:

I have the parameters, If you want i can send them to your email account. Send me a PM. Tooling and other things I am sure you can get them in the US.

Greg.

Greg:

Parameters sent, I hope they can help you.

Greg.

Re: Parts for Mori MV-40.

Going to wake up a 12 year old post but I just acquired a 1983 Mori Seiki MV 35/40 and I'm looking to get a copy of any manuals anyone might have converted to a pdf or if anyone has a hard copy around the Sacramento or bay area that I could grab and convert to digital.

Thanks