Hi all, I am working on a very simple, basic CNC router, which has been sitting for a year. I watched it being run last November, but I haven't previously operated it myself. I've got it hooked up to the same Mach3 installation as before, with the same profile.

When I try to jog either axis in Mach3, the motor makes a noise as if it is trying to turn, but it does not turn. This is the case for all 3 axes. MDI input also produces motor noise but no movement, and the noise continues until I hit the e-stop, presumably since the gantry is not moving the input of it reaching the desired position isn't getting sent back to the controller, so it keeps trying to move.

When power is off I can push the X and Y axes by hand, with some difficulty but it doesn't seem unusually hard. They do both have a periodic clunk as if there's some unevenness in a gear or something, dunno if it's related to the problem. I can't push the Z axis so that may be a different issue.

Since the X and Y motors aren't frozen, which I know bc I can move them by hand, I don't know what else to look at. Any advice appreciated.