first cnc and my first catia design

Hi all my first cnc and my first catia design
    comment are welcome
    more sketches are coming
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Router 3 hp work area x= 650 mm y =650 mm z= 200 mm
    It will have 2 work surfaces deep and flat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg  

Hello Hesham - I am enjoying looking at your project. First, I am very much just a beginner / forum reader, but it might be possible to make some small design changes which simplify the construction, and might even make it more rigid.

Your uprights as designed will require carefully cut lengths and angles on a number of parts. It might be easier if you just make the entire uprights area out of a simple box frame. In other words, instead of making a sort of angled legs going up, just make a square frame, and mount it as needed to the X axis bearings to get the range of motion vs stiffness trade off right for your design.

If you keep this idea going a bit further, consider making the Y gantry also a box frame, and make the Z / router sit entirely within this box. This is slightly less elegant looking, but should be quite stiff, and I would think, simpler to build. You are working with a 3 hp router, which is quite a bit more lively than the dremel tool / 8mm collets common to more flexible designs.

While I am busy making suggestions about things I just barely know myself, please consider the idea of supported rails instead of just some rods. This will let you take the rail mouting all the way out to the main frame pieces, instead of mounting it on the extra angle pieces you are showing.

Ok, time for me to pay attention to my own design shortcomings. Good luck.

Hi Harryn
    All the gantry is 4x4 box frame 3mm thickness
    The rails is 20mm Stainless Steel with Linear Bearing 20mm
    The aim of this design
    1 - the ability to disassemble the machine easily
    2- the ability to use 2 work surfaces deep and flat the deep surface well be equipped with Cooling pump
    These is the best design I can do for Egypt no rails or supported rails and the
    Precision Machining is a myth:drowning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22.jpg   Shoot2.jpg   Linear Bearing.jpg  

Hi - it is a nice design. The first time I looked at it, I missed the very clever design which allows for two different depth locations for mounting parts.

My main suggestion is:
    - The part of the machine in blue, especially the sides of it, are sort of a complicated, offset ladder shape. I personnally could not build this, but perhaps you can.
    - I think it will be easier to build if you alter the sides to look like a simple ladder shape - a bit wider at the base to cover the entire required width of the uprights.
    - If you add one more cross member at at the top to make it sort of a "stick frame box structure", then it will be really stiff.

:drowning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sho.jpg  

What are you intending to cut? Those unsupported rails will deflect and vibrate.

Why make the side supports and back welded tubular structures? It would be a lot easiler to make them from solid plate material.

How are you intending to keep the two Y axis motors synchronized?
    Regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark and harryn
    the tubular structures will be more rigid in welding and lighter It will be 4x4 box frame 3mm thickness the rails is 20mm Stainless Steel as u can see in the design I put two in each Side of the x axis to avoid DEFLECTION it will be looked by a nut
    Until now I did not start To cut anything except the Stainless Steel rails they are as follow
    4x90. 2x80 .2x40 if I can find Open Bearing I will re design the machine to supported rails type
    For the(( two x axis motors synchronized )) I think the software can slave too drive as one
    thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tst.jpg   ff.jpg  

after some up and down i have restarted my dream
    i Found a Laser Cutting shop in cairo
    and redesign the machine in SolidWorks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odHmvsHKEUs&feature=g-upl&context=G294140dAUAAAAAAAAAA"]cnc_TEST.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc1.jpg   cnc2.jpg   cnc3.JPG   cnc4.jpg  

123.jpg   SAM_2282.jpg   SAM_2280.jpg   SAM_2281.jpg  

SAM_2291.jpg   SAM_2292.jpg  

nice work man yes great work

i know hesham have big idea about cnc machine lathe and many more

cant do somthing randomly

diy cnc files

SolidWorks 2011 STEP dxf

https://grabcad.com/library/diy-cnc--1