So, ive got a little project for a toy car that would need to use a run of the mill ac servo on battery power.

for size and performance and price, the new delta B3 3kw servo works well on paper. im not 100% sure how id run it on battery power though - if its even possible.

the drives have a shared dc bus, but they arent meant to run on that bus as the main supply.

heres the spec sheet for the B3 motors and drives
http://www.deltaww.com/event/SPS/pdf...191016_Web.pdf

does anyone know a bit about running these types of drives on a dc only supply?

if that doesnt work, i have a set of old indramat motors and drives, 2.3kw, which run on DC 300v. larger and heavier and less overload performance than the delta, but, similar. the downside is the drives are a mystery box, and i wouldn't know how to alter any settings (they are tuned for a maho cnc using +-10v). they also dont use encoders, (machine had scales) so one would need to be added for control. upside is they are free.

any insight would be appreciated. i know theres all sorts of dc drives out there, but the ones ive seen out there are low voltage and/or very high price and wouldnt suit me here i dont think (feel free to point to any you think would work).