I bought a Novakon NM-135 and Controller from the local University.

I got caught up in a bidding war and hope I didn't pay too much...
I am trying to figure out exactly what I have.

All it says on the headstock is:

Novakon NM-135
Bench Mill Series

It has what appears to be an Identification Plate on the bottom front of the ways.
Any printing on it is worn away, but the stamped numbers are:

3.2 70017 01.2010

Would that be Version: Serial#: and Manufacture Date?

I also got the CD-100 Controller and a USB Security device marked "Visual Mill".

Details are hard to find, but it looks like there were originally sold with a license for Mach-3 and BobCAD-CAM.

Was that always the case or did they switch to licensing the Visual Mill software?

The hard drive in the machine is flaky and probably not long for this world.
That makes figuring out what's installed and licensed a bit tricky.

Worst Case, it contains:
4 GECKODRIVE G203V stepper Drives.
Three are marked X, Y & Z in Pencil.
The 4th has 1/2 of a round yellow sticker on it with 'Bench' written on it. Any idea what that would mean?

A cnc4pc C11G Rev 8.2 board with a DB-25 input.
The cable it had was damaged but had DB-25 connectors on both ends and was about 8 feet long.
The wires were broken off right at the solder cups on on connector.
Is it likely to be a straight-through wired cable?
'Should' it plug into the Parallel Port in the PC Motherboard Printer port, or should it go to some sort of Motion Control Board I do not have?
It's odd the cable is that long if it only needs to be a foot long, but then again a premade cable that long would probably be hard to find.
I don't see ANY interconnections between the motherboard and all the other driver and controls built into that combined Blue and Yellow Case.

Most of the wires connecting the CD-100 and the mill go directly ( Via Wiring Blocks ) to the steppers and what I presume are Hall Sensors and a Temp Sensor.

In the back of the mill there is what I presume is a 3-phase VFD drive for the spindle.
The Only markings I can see on it are:

M&C
SL-1100-2(5.3)

Is there any wiring and technical info available for these machines in general and that spindle controller particular?

How is it controlled?

I know the specs changed over time, what would the Max spindle speed be for this machine?

Any pointers for specs and details necessary to get this running would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks
Marc