586,032 active members*
2,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 20 1234513

Procrastination

Gudday Fellas

I've been gunna do my machine for ages now. I have most of the bits ready to go.

I have the electronics, software and steppers ready to go.

Bearings ready for the X axis on some pipe, nice drawer slides with minimal slop for the Y and Z.

A Dremel, working again after I tried to destroy it cutting ceramic tiles.

3/8 threaded rod and lots of MDF.

What I need though is some Delrin or similar and end bearings etc.

Anyway with a change in jobs, and a drive from Werribee to Hastings and back every day, I should have time to start building. Will post pics and questions. :cheers:
    Never to old to learn something new!

Hey Al_The_Man

I am not retrofitting but I am nearing completion of my router. But I certainly still have a lot of learning to do. You are more than welcome to come spend some time here in Canberra (Nations Capital) and if you do come to OZ I am sure we can billet you out around the country.

We would love to show you our 'Down Under' hospitality, can't promise a CNC BBQ though... we do have a BBQ and a Pool... hope that will suffice.

Let us know what you decide to do.

cheers

Hi Hurgh

Have been a bit slack in checking the forum lately, we have moved our Factory to Kilsyth over Xmas.
    Give us a yell if I can be of help

JBO

Andy here from Montrose Melbourne. I recently caught up with YNNEB and had a great time. Have changed my plans radically as a result and am about to start constructing.

Am heading down the stepper path.

Andy

Hello to you all, This is my first post so I hope it is in the right forum.I am an Aussie member of the CNC zone,I live in Adelaide and have just finished putting an Unimat 3 lathe and milling machine together from parts sourced from here,the Uk and the USA.I know it is only a small machine but being in a wheelchair it is all I can handle however it is extremely accurate so for experience i want to convert it to CNC.Hope I can call on you guys for assistance.Regards to you all.Regards Wayne

I am from Qld and have just put on my bearings and rails for my plasma cutter

Check out my plasma table in the plasma table forum! I will put up the photo's of the work that I have done this weekend.

CNC conversion

Thank's Apples I will Look forward to your postings.Regards Wayne

Hi,
    Here in Maryborough QLD.

Steve

Hi to all
    i have just joined up and are looking to gain some information to help me build a small toolroom mill and lathe for home. Both c.n.c. controlled.I am currently working in Bayswater Melbourne as a Cad Cam programmer and have over 18 years in the trade. Good to see so many forum members from around this area.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

:cheers: Darren

Probably has a lot to do with the weather.
    Much better to stay indoors than go to the beach etc when it's wet.
    Des

:wave:
    Hey all, i live in sydney's lower north shore and work near the airport, have been reading the forum for a while and are keen to build a router but dont know where to start, so many differnt skills needed.

The router would be ever realy small (1mt x 1mt) for a trail or go all out and build one that can do a 3600x1800 sheet.

My Dad's company has a range of timber woodworking machines but i can see the expasion into CNC work as a value for our business but some how i dont think the "dad can you sign the lease forms for 150 k CNC" go down to well and a home made set is the way to ok.

Gaza,

Welcome to the group. There is lots of help here on the zone. Good luck with your machine building experience. I am in Wollongong and work with guy's like you all the time. If I can help you along the way or point you to any local suppliers for your mechanical or electronic components feel free to call me. 0242574111.

Cheers :cheers:
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

hi all,
    i live on the central coast n.s.w.
    projects-
    cnc laser cutter-home built tube runs great(motion system on hold)
    cnc router-full steam ahead with this project-almost complete.
    i have pumped sum cash in to the router so theres no stoping now,i predict 3 weeks until its operational.
    i also work with cnc's inc program/repair/setup and and teach others to operate.
    i am currently working with okuma cnc mill and lathes,fanuc mill,hitachi seki lathes,rofin 3 kw slab laser cutter with siemes 840d control 3 axis,2.2kw prc laser 4 axis,amada cnc press brake 4 axis and other various cnc's.
    i also manage the injection molding side of the company(5 moulders from 50T to 220T and also tool making on okuma mb56va machining center.
    cheers

hi guys, just another aussie. im from Mandalong NSW (halfway between gosford and newcastle, thats about 1.5 hours north of sydney for all you internationals). Im a cnc programmer/machinist by trade, working at Wyong in a production machine shop and im also currently building a mini 4 axis mill. travel will be aprox 400 x 450 x 200mm. its good to see a heap of aussies on here.

Hey Guys,

Finally got my machine going "some what" tonight.
    I have quite a few bugs to get over, but will keep you posted on progress.

We should have troubleshooting night out at my place, kill two crows with one stone.

/Michael

How generous to invite us over to your house. You dont want something do you?

Benny,

I thought my post was plainly obvious - "TROUBLESHOOTING"

With my limited brain capacity i figured many heads are better than one.
    I also thought, if we drink beer before we start, we could kill off all the bad brain cells, thus making us smarter and quicker in getting around all my CNC problems.

/Mikie

I'm good at troubleshooting.... found out life was a lot easier when I worked out what a twist top is. :cheers:

Glad to hear about your progress Mike and to have a look at your machine.

Looking forward to it

Andy

Black Hills near New Norfolk in Tasmania, I have a manual Mill Drill I have converted to use steppers and am now installing servo drives.

regards

Lee McLaren

Hi all

I Live in Albury NSW On The Border
    I Am looking at Building a CNC Router Table

:cheers: :cheers:Colin

Page 3 of 20 1234513