586,117 active members*
3,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > starting my C program, any guidance would be appreciated.
Page 9 of 11 7891011

Re: starting my C program, any guidance would be apreciated.

Encoder clearly isn't working. Its indicating forward and reverse velocity at virtually the same time. This occurs commonly when one of the encoder A+ A- B+ B- signals are not connected and floating. I don't know what you mean by "checked". Looked at them by eye? You might check with a voltmeter each of the signals. The signals should switch between >4V and < 0.4V. And whenever a + signal is high the respective - signal must be low. Move the encoder random amounts stop until you obtain all 4 possible A/B combinations.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Encoder clearly isn't working. Its indicating forward and reverse velocity at virtually the same time. This occurs commonly when one of the encoder A+ A- B+ B- signals are not connected and floating. I don't know what you mean by "checked". Looked at them by eye? You might check with a voltmeter each of the signals. The signals should switch between >4V and < 0.4V. And whenever a + signal is high the respective - signal must be low. Move the encoder random amounts stop until you obtain all 4 possible A/B combinations.
    Thank you, I'll work on this this weekend. I did follow each wire from Kanalog back and each wire is in the correct place according to my records, but my records are probably off and I have my wires crossed.

Fixed it, had 2 wires crossed. Now why am i getting an axis disabled error when I try to run G code program.

To help (as always) we would need to know what your settings are, what GCode is causing the problem, what is displayed on the Console, and what happens.
    TK

To help (as always) we would need to know what your settings are, what GCode is causing the problem, what is displayed on the Console, and what happens.
    I am getting this error every time I attempt to run a program, and I can't troubleshoot when I don't know what causes an error code. Is there an error code list? It doesn't always happen on the same line of code.

Its not an error code its telling you an axis is disabled. As asked previously look at the KMotion.exe Console screen to see if a message tells you why an axis was disabled.
    TK

Its not an error code its telling you an axis is disabled. As asked previously look at the KMotion.exe Console screen to see if a message tells you why an axis was disabled.
    Console screen isn't giving me any indication of problem. I am using 2 different post processors (to try) from the wiki post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (9).jpg  

Console screen isn't giving me any indication of problem.
    Then maybe an axis isn't enabled in the first place. Which axes are you defining to be in the system with DefineCoordSystem() ? Are they all enabled before you try to run GCode (check Axis Screen)?

I am using 2 different post processors (to try) from the wiki post.
    Its not likely to be the post processor causing a disabled axis.
    TK

Then maybe an axis isn't enabled in the first place. Which axes are you defining to be in the system with DefineCoordSystem() ? Are they all enabled before you try to run GCode (check Axis Screen)?
    DefineCoordSystem() was the problem I had axis 7 enabled which is my spindle speed axis, once I removed that im working. Need to do some more tuning but it running code. You're the man.

I'm having an issue, I don't know how to explain this. I can run a move in the Step Response screen having my Max Following Error at 10000000 and then attempt to jog in KmotionCNC and will get an axis disabled for max following error in the console screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (11).jpg   Screenshot (10).jpg  

If you are getting a max following error then your Max Following Error limit is likely not really set at 10000000. Just because you set the Max Following Error on a KMotion Screen doesn't mean that is what is in KFLOP. You would have to describe what you are doing to set the parameters in KFLOP. Normally this is a C Program. What is the Max Following Error in your C Program? You might study this.

You are also telling KMotionCNC it can move 10 times faster than you are testing in the step response screen:

Step Response Screen Vel = 30000 counts/sec
    KMotionCNC Vel = 30 in/sec x 10000 counts/inch = 300000 counts/sec

Similarly with Acceleration.
    TK

You are also telling KMotionCNC it can move 10 times faster than you are testing in the step response screen:

Step Response Screen Vel = 30000 counts/sec
    KMotionCNC Vel = 30 in/sec x 10000 counts/inch = 300000 counts/sec

Similarly with Acceleration.
    Ok, this is probably a lot of my confusion, I'm not understanding some of the math as it relates to each perameter. I also am confused with how some of the numbers are obtained, but this helps.

Now that I have everything wired, and the system is running G code for now, I'll concentrate on better tuning and getting the system running smooth.

Thanks for putting with me, it's getting there.

Ok, I hay be putting too much thought into this, or maybe not enough, Idon't know.

If; Step Response Screen Vel = 30000 counts/sec, should = 1,800,000 counts/inch?

KMotionCNC Vel should actually be; 30000/10000= 3 in/sec

3 in/sec x 10000 counts/inch = 30000 counts/sec?

So counts/sec^2 should = 30000^2= 900,000,000?<<<< this doesn't seem right..?

When determining Max Limit Integrator, how do I find the Output required to move at speed DAC Counts referenced in wiki.

If; Step Response Screen Vel = 30000 counts/sec, should = 1,800,000 counts/inch?
    No, it doesn't make sense to convert seconds to inches. One is time and one is distance.

KMotionCNC Vel should actually be; 30000/10000= 3 in/sec
    correct

3 in/sec x 10000 counts/inch = 30000 counts/sec?
    correct

So counts/sec^2 should = 30000^2= 900,000,000?<<<< this doesn't seem right..?
    No, to convert counts/sec^2 to inches/sec^2 just involves converting counts to inches just like velocity. So divide by 10000 counts/inch.

The rule with unit conversions is that it is always ok to multiply anything by 1 and not change it. For example 100/100 is 1 so it is ok to multiply by 100 and divide by 100 and not change it. In fact any time the numerator and denominator are equal it is ok, Since we know 1 inch = 10000 counts to convert counts/sec^2 to inches/sec^2 we can multiply by 1 inch and divide by 10000 counts.

30000 counts/sec^2 x 1 inch / 10000 counts = 3 inches/sec^2

The counts on the top and bottom cancel

When determining Max Limit Integrator, how do I find the Output required to move at speed DAC Counts referenced in wiki.
    I don't understand what you mean. But if you are moving at some speed you can look at what the Output is to move at that speed. Then for the Integrator to be able to provide that Output the Limit should be set greater than that value. The Integrator should also be increased if you are using D Gain as it acts as drag that the Integrator must also be able to overcome. If the Limit is set too low the axis will lag behind with negative error that will be needed to provide the output to move at speed. So if the axis is lagging behind for a long time, and the Output is not being ramped up to try to catch up, then that is an indication the Integrator is not working. Its gain is either too small or it is being limited.

HTH
    TK

Question Re: starting my C program, any guidance would be apreciated.

I understand the counts/sec now.
    I don't understand what you mean. But if you are moving at some speed you can look at what the Output is to move at that speed. Then for the Integrator to be able to provide that Output the Limit should be set greater than that value. The Integrator should also be increased if you are using D Gain as it acts as drag that the Integrator must also be able to overcome. If the Limit is set too low the axis will lag behind with negative error that will be needed to provide the output to move at speed. So if the axis is lagging behind for a long time, and the Output is not being ramped up to try to catch up, then that is an indication the Integrator is not working. Its gain is either too small or it is being limited
    I was reading the, I Gain/Max Limit Integrator section, and when I got to the below area explaining Max limit Integrator, specifically Output required to move at speed is 1800 DAC Counts. I was confused on how that number is obtained to get the final answer.

Assume:

Commanded speed of 500,000 counts/sec
    D Gain of 35
    >>>>>>>>>>>Output required to move at speed is 1800 DAC Counts <<<<<<<<<
    Servo Sample Time of 90us

Damping effect = Speed x D Gain x Sample Time = 500000 x 35 x 90e-6 = 1575 counts

Required Integrator Value = 1800 + 1575 = 3375 I dont understand where or how to the

Would the Output req. to move, be the start of the green line in this screenshot?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

It’s the green line, but not at the beginning rather in the middle of the moves when at full speed. And the scale for the Output is on the right side.
    TK

having a difficult time getting axis to move out of stop without manually moving away. Whats the secret? How do i set the machine G53/G28 0?

having a difficult time getting axis to move out of stop without manually moving away. Whats the secret?
    Its not clear what you are asking. After hitting a limit switch? If so how are they configured and wired?

How do i set the machine G53/G28 0?
    You would normally home the machine to set machine coordinates. Are you homing your system? You might see this.
    TK

Page 9 of 11 7891011