586,094 active members*
4,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: x6

x6

Hello.

I wonder if someone could help me.

I am i part time teacher and have acces to a education mastercam. I have been so stupid that i have used this at home to program a machine at my other work for a time ago. Does somebody know if i can convert the files to a normal mcx file? Or will i have to draw and program it all over again? The programs are running now, but if i want to open the files at work to edit something it do not work.
    Hope some of you experts out there can help me to a easy way.
    Sorry for bad english again:-P

There is no way to save this as a MCX file. even on a dealer sime we can not.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thank you for confirming that.

I will have to use a weekend to redraw and program it then.
    I have learned:-P

Quote Originally Posted by togr View Post
    Thank you for confirming that.

I will have to use a weekend to redraw and program it then.
    I have learned:-P
    As an aid, you could save the drawing as a STEP or DXF ( depends on what you have on-screen )
    - then import it back into MCX,

Not sure if you could export the toolpaths ( with tools & geometry, R-click in the operation manager window will bring up the menu ) and then import it back into MCX - you may get version clash - it's worth a try

but re-create the toolpath ops, same everything, even the geometry you had selected, & it will be close to what you had.