Hi, all.

I'm running PP (currently 2.5.1) on a converted benchtop lathe with a QCTP. I've noticed a couple of "issues" with conversational programming. I don't know if it's just me or someone else has also noticed this. These issues are also present in v2.7.0 (on PP HUB)

First, since I use a QCTP, which is then front-mounted tools, it says on the page to use negative values to have the X-axis work the negative X side of the workpiece. The problem I've found is that during the roughing, it will go too far in Z by the amount of the value set for finish DOC. Anyone else notice this? Are everyone using positive values for DOC and the comment about using negative values are wrong and should have been removed?

These values
Attachment 453054

will give this code
Attachment 453056
where you can see that it will go 0.01" too far on the roughing. Using positive values will give the same X values, but give the correct Z value, so it looks like the comment about using negative X values should be removed.

Second issue, when doing chamfers, it will cut from left to right when the tool is set up with CP 3, which to me is the wrong direction. In one of the videos from Tormach this can also be seen, so it isn't just my settings doing this. Is this really the correct cutting direction for tools with CP 3 (right-hand cutting tools)? Anyone using conversational with lathes seeing the same?

Br,
Stig