Importing a "Solidworks" file supplied by a manufacture. It's a linear rail assembly, I'm importing the rail.

Simple, simple stuff here. I have a short section of rail modeled in whatever they modeled it in, and it was exported as a "*.SLDPRT".

Solidworks opens the file, says "Hey, let's run featureworks and get this straightened out!" and proceeds to recognize features in the absolute dumbest way possible. Dumbest way possible, but the features are dimensionally accurate.

I want it to pick up the end profile, and extrude that end profile along the length of the rail. Then, drop the screw holes and counterbores from the top face of the resulting solid. This would make sense, as the entire design of the rail is contained in this end profile. A single sketch, extruded along the length, would give the whole rail in any length you need. Then linear pattern the screw holes.

Featureworks decides that the best way to model this is draw a rectangular base, extrude upwards to the top face, then chamfer and fillet away the profile. This leaves a model that can't quickly be adjusted for different lengths of linear rail. It also has dozens of features that could be obviated away in a single sketch.

How do I get Featureworks to import this thing the way I want? The interactive checkbox throws errors regardless of any selection I make when I try to run the interactive mode.