Hi
I have recently purchased two older Multican (Australia) CNC routers. Both run on AXYZ boards from ToolPath on Windows 98. setting up one machine seems to be going well, however the second is throwing me a challenge at the first hurdle.

When powering on, the spindle begins to move down till it hits the end of the lead screw and the stepper starts skipping steps. The other machine moves the spindle up till it reaches the top limit sensor.
Also, if I initiate a Function 12 (seek absolute origin), again the z axis moves down a bit till Error 11 ( Emergency stop or Z limit sensor) pops up on the pendant display. Pressing enter and accepting seek X,Y, the gantry moves in the x and y directions away from the 0,0 a short distance till Error 41 (Emergency stop or X or Y limit sensor) pops up.

There is one E-Stop which is NO. The sensors and Estop are wired in parallel and share a three wire connector into the controller, so I'm imagining the sensors are NO too.
If I pull the plug so no sensors or the E-Stop is connected, the same behaviour described above happens.
With the sensors plugged in, contacting the sensors with a screwdriver doesn't change the status of any LEDs in the control cabinet.

Any hints?

Thanks very much.