586,042 active members*
3,696 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas Macro within program to auto move table before tool change

Question Haas Macro within program to auto move table before tool change

I'm trying to write the use of O9000 with a variable of 6 IN my program to have it set the variable automatically, instead of having to hit e-stop, change it, and then run. Is there a way to do this? I already tried a pass thru command line of "#[9000]=6" but ended up getting a error message of "522 Illegal Assignment Var or Value". Kinda stumped here. Any help appreciated. If the variables are Read-Only, how do I enable "write", then at the end of program re-enable "read-only"?

Re: Haas Macro within program to auto move table before tool change

Remove the brackets to assign a variable to value. However, on Haas documentation for Mills, I am seeing that variable 9000 is thermal comp accumulator... This doesn't seem like it is the variable you want to be changing.

Can you provide more context into what you are trying to accomplish? If you simply want to do a tool change in the middle of the program manually, you may be able to get away with an M00 stop program. This won't reset the program upon stopping, you can do your manual tool change and then continue the program. If you are trying to have the table move whenever you call a tool change, I believe there is a setting that you can change for safe tool change positions, but I could be wrong. Easiest way to accomplish this is to include the table movement after your Z clearance move which usually looks like G53 G00 Z00.