Hello

Where I currently work they have an old mill with an OSP-5000 an 8-inch floppy + RS232 connection.
thing is it has a tendency to loose its memory very easily and we have to reset the parameters by hand each time, i'm looking into ways to avoid that.

I understand that one can use the 8" floppies to make backups but i wonder is there any way to backup/send parameters or load in the OSP through the RS232 port instead of the using the floppies and if it is possible how do i do it and what software is needed?

Been looking into replacing the 8" with a USB but that is still in development and the company isn't keen on buying an official okuma 8" to USB replacement even though 8" in these days are more than unfavorable to use have looked at some alternative floppy replacement (E-bay,ect) but most are made for 3.5 floppies and don't know if a simple 50-Pin to 34-Pin converter would work or something else is needed.

anyone that gone through the journey i'm on and can give some advice since i really like this old machine and trying to save to from being decommissioned.