Hi all,

I opened this thread for discussions about the Chinese stand-alone lathe controllers XC609T and CW20T, which to my understanding are internally similar. These cheap lathe controllers are widely available on Aliexpress and some other shops offering Chinese CNC stuff. Unlike all other cheap Chinese standalone CNC controllers I've seen on the market, these controllers support a quadrature encoder with index pulse for the spindle, so accurate threading should be possible. They also support a handwheel and a tool turret, and should accept basic Fanuc G-code.

The only difference in these two controllers seems to be in the front panel: XC609T has Chinese front panel with some descriptive symbols in the buttons, the more expensive variant CW20T has a fully English front panel. Both models have the controller menus available in Chinese or English. I have no information of any firmware updates or bug fixes.

The XC609T manual is available in Chinese only, but it is very comprehensive. I've tried to translate it slowly for my own use with Google translator, for the last couple of years, before biting the bullet and purchasing one last summer... The CW20T manual in English has been available for quite a while from various sources, but it isn't as good and self-explanatory as the Chinese manual. Lately a Russian youtuber published a link for a bit better and more comprehensive English translation.

Some time ago a Finnish youtuber (not me!) published a video about how to switch the XC609T menu language to English, and also showed the most important items when navigating the controller menus.

https://youtu.be/zq2i2VcMp3Q

I suggest all current discussions about these lathe controllers should be moved under this thread. There is virtually no support from the manufacturer, so forum discussions are needed to find out all the necessary settings and programming details.

//Corhoin