587,080 active members*
3,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Clearpath Servo motors for CO2 Laser cutter

U need a a maxim 200w servo system, with 750w , u make an rocket launcher .
    But if u use a servo u need to make a rigid build , because they are high acceleration and deceleration , and the build will vibrate if u dont make it stiff enough , and u need a gt 3 or htd 3 for servo , with steel insert if u want to be able to use the benefits of a servo , with a gt 2 belt , i dont think its stiff enough for a servo system .

Re: Clearpath Servo motors for CO2 Laser cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    U need a a maxim 200w servo system, with 750w , u make an rocket launcher .
    But if u use a servo u need to make a rigid build , because they are high acceleration and deceleration , and the build will vibrate if u dont make it stiff enough , and u need a gt 3 or htd 3 for servo , with steel insert if u want to be able to use the benefits of a servo , with a gt 2 belt , i dont think its stiff enough for a servo system .
    Thank you very much for your advice. Yes, I have read it that the build must be rigid when you use servo and I will do it. As for the belts I didn't know it and I will change them to HTD 3M.
    Do you think that this model of Clearpath that it's 120W will be fine for X and Y Axis or I must buy a bigger, at least 200w?
    https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CP..._voltage=75VDC

Thank you!