586,590 active members*
2,438 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Engraving photographs with CO2 Chinese laser machines?

Hallo everybody.
    I'm new to this forum, this is my first posting here.

I'm looking for inexpensive laser machine capable of engraving bitmap images in stone - black marble and other similar materials. Rabbit models form hxlaser (especially HX4060SE) and LG3040/LG500 from jinweike seem to be fitted for that kind of job, and have very attractive prices. As far as I understand, the smaller models (Rabbit HX3040 and WK 40) are not suitable for such jobs... Am I right? Can I expect to obtain excellent picture quality from CO2 lasers? Is the software accompanying these machines suitable for such tasks (I'd like to be able to engrave not only BW bitmaps, but also grayscale and color images). Is there a possibility to use these machines with 3rd partysoftware, like VCarve?

If you have any experience with using Chinese laser engravers for such tasks - please share your experience. Any photographs of actual engravings will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Gena

Hello Gena,

VCarve Pro is designed to run CNC routing, engraving and milling machines and does not drive laser cutting devices.

Try looking at PhotoGrav as this may be what you need.

Good luck,

Tony

Welcome Gena,
    you are correct in assuming the smaller machines will not do as good of picture. The use of photograv and corel draw can produce beautiful images.
    samples http://fishinfoolz.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6
    A4dable Woodworking Lasers
    http://www.a4dableww.com phone:541-977-4171

Tony Mac: Thanks for the correction. I haven't examined closely these software packages, as I expect that from within PhotoShop I can get equally good (if not better) results - I'm a professional photographer, and know this program very well.

a4dableww: thanks for the link. From your site I see that you're a reseller of jinweike laser engravers. Have you sold many of these? How would you comment on their reliaility? I see that most of your samples are engravings on wood, with just the last one - on marble. What machine was used to engrave this, and how would you describe the image quality (the photograph is too small to see any fine details).

I'll read very carefully all the threads in your forum, but if you wish to share any 1-st person experience about the overall quality of the machines, and any problems that you have experienced with them - you're wellcome.

Hi Tony
    all the samples were done on the lg500 with corel and photograv but you could use photoshop with no problem. These have proven to be a very durable machine.
    A4dable Woodworking Lasers
    http://www.a4dableww.com phone:541-977-4171

Hello Gena:
    I am from jinweike laser. I suggest you choose LG series for engraving on non-metal materials like wood ,leather, rubber , stone and marble . They are better for engraving, we use DSP control software. This software is compatible with Corel Draw, Auto CAD and photo shop. We can offer you good quality machines as well as the good service.
    WK 40 is especially used for making stamps, the engraving effect is not as good as LG series.
    If you need any more information, pls feel free to contact me.
    [email protected]
    Linda
    Jinan G.Weike Science&Technology Co.,LTD.

Hi,
    See my post at
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...729#post327729
    I hope it can help.

Gena
    if you do not mind, please let me know your email address, I want to send you some good pics of stone engraving.
    Regards
    David