586,055 active members*
4,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

O9xxx Protected Programs

How do I look at protected programs that run some of the Macro functions on a Fanuc 0T?

John

parameter

If this is fanuc then you have to change the parameter look at # 387 & 408
    to unlock programs.
    good luck

To edit or download 9000 programs, set para 10.4 to "0", for 8000 progams set para 389.2 to "0".

On the 0, I show P0010 bit#4 to edit 9000 programs.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

As I said, bit 10.4 unlocks 9000 programs. If it is set to a 1, then you cannot edit or download these programs. Set to a 0 unlocks them, so they may be downloaded and backed up, or downloaded and edited, or just edited in edit mode.
    If you just want to look at them, you should be able to call up the specific program on the program page and view it on the crt, if you have one.

John,

Macro functions do not need to be run in the 8000's or 9000,s. Create you own simply by using a g65pxxxx or to get a modal positioning macro, g66xxxx then cancel with g67. A g65 is similar to a m98 only variables can be passed to the program in which it was called.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

My file display does not show any O8xxx or O9xxx programs, does that mean there are none on the machine?

Maybe I asked the wrong question. This machine has some special M codes and G codes that I have been told run as "Macros". For instance its got a mirror-turret-X-Axis command. It is these special function macros that I wanted to see. Not user defined macros.

John

On a oi-mc control, parameter #3202 controls if the program is displayed. Cant edit it or see it. That must be the case with your protected programs.

Quote Originally Posted by FSteitzer View Post
    John,

Macro functions do not need to be run in the 8000's or 9000,s. Create you own simply by using a g65pxxxx or to get a modal positioning macro, g66xxxx then cancel with g67. A g65 is similar to a m98 only variables can be passed to the program in which it was called.
    I have created many with the G65, but not with the G66 modal. Does that make it work like a drill call, in which subsequent positional moves cause the macro to be repeated from the new position? I have just created something similar to that on Okuma control to facilitate the use of small high pressure coolant fed drills. (The only "miracle drills" I have ever seen actually do what they were supposed to do!) In that case I assigned the macro to an unused "modal" G code in order to get the modal thing to work, but my understanding is that there is another way to do it using "normal" macros. In any case, one would think that by this time builders would be including this, but no! We just got a brandy-new Okuma Multus 5-axis, the very latest thing, but I still had to write my own.
    -plh