586,060 active members*
4,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Sabre 500 Fanuc O-Mate paramiter list

Hybrid View

Cincinnati Sabre 500 Fanuc O-Mate paramiter list

Hi,
    Could anyone let me have the parameter list for a 1993 Cincinnati Sabre 500 fitted with the Fanuc O-Mate Control.

Its a new machine to me and the supplied backup floppy cannot be read by PC

Thanks very much .

I don't remember a 0-Mate control being used on those machines from the factory so it may be a retrofit. If it was the original factory control your best bet would be to contact Fives-Cincinnati for support.

Re: Cincinnati Sabre 500 Fanuc O-Mate paramiter list

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I don't remember a 0-Mate control being used on those machines from the factory so it may be a retrofit. If it was the original factory control your best bet would be to contact Fives-Cincinnati for support.

Thanks Maver1ck for your response. The factory did fit the O-mate as a lower cost version of the O-M to make their machine more competitive I actually bought one from the Factory. It’s not this machine though That went long ago !

I am based in the UK and I don’t believe there is factory support these days

I have found a You tube video. Where a guy scrolls through all of the parameters so I am going to try to go through it and write down each parameter then try to input them. Hopefully they will work for my Sabre 500

Wish me luck

Ok so I have found parameters N900 to N929 in the electrical schematic book along with parameters F01to F20 ,F29 F31,F35 and F36

I also have diagnostic numbers 394 395 and 397 and what to set them to

On another sheet I have 508 ,509,510

Just not sure what else I need

If you know it is the original factory control, support should be available from Fives-MSI "Cincinnati" which is the OEM
    800-934-0735
    Provide your
    Machine-Serial-Number: 70xx-x0y-xxyyyy
    Model Type: EKx or ERx
    Control Diagrams: 9120xxxxy

Ok just an update on progress.with my '93 Cincinnati Sabre 500 fitted with a Fanuc O-Mate control. I managed to obtain a generic Sabre 500 O-mate parameter list and Keep Relay settings from a guy in the UK ([url=http://www.secserviceparts.co.uk that sells parts for Cincinatti CNC Machines. I already had my machines specific 900 parameters and so have hand inputed them all as I only have the machines full parameter list on the 3.5 floppy that was supplied with the machine and I am unable to read it as I am told a Fanuc specific reader/writer is required.

So now all Peramters have been inputed I have got rid of all other the other alarms but the alarm I have now is 430 Servo Alarm : Z axis Excess Err. The Z axis drops a smidge when I power up . Because I didnt get this alarm until I reinstalled the Parameters I am thinking I have got some incorrectly set. Can anyone tell me which Parameters would cause this alarm so I can take a look... I have picked up from the Interweb that Parameter 517 should be set to 3000 which was the same as the Parameter list supplied by SEC.

I just wondered if anyone to steer me the right way please ?