586,666 active members*
4,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with BP series I with BOSS 4 control

Hello-

I have previously posted about this machine and now I have learned a lot more about them thanks to the members of this forum. My friend has two BP series I mills with the BOSS 4 olgic unit and we are trying to get these machines to run. They both have BTR's and I can communicate to the BTR using my computer.

The problem is that we can not get the mill to respond to any commands from the BTR or input from the BOSS control panel. My friend got the table to move on the x and y axis once but has no idea what he did to make it do that. I have tried everything the manual says about manual control and can't even get the jog control to work.

Anybody have any insight of what may be going on? Anything I can check on the machine that may cause this problem? I am attaching a few pictures so you can see what I am working with here. Thanks in advance for your help!

Make sure you push the red limit button. This should get you jogging in the X direction with the switches in the current postions as shown above. SETUP, X, +, JOG. You should also see the DRO change values. If it changes and the axis does not move, you probably have a blown final drive transistor. To jog the Z axis down, you need to switch the direction button to "-", the "+" will drive the quill back up. To switch the DRO reading, push the X, Y, or Z buttons on the key pad (look above the number keys for which ones to push). You should also see the LED above the DRO which shows you which axis is currently being displayed. In you picture above, the X axis is shown at 00.000.