Hi Looking for some help. In the attached PDF is a diagram of my setup. Everything was working fine I had even cut a few jobs on it with no errors. Then yesterday all hell broke loose when I hit run on the VFD the stepper motors went mental and also my keyboard on the PC locked up. So after reading stuff online and watching lots on Youtube as you will have already guessed it must be EMI especially when you consider that not a single cable is a shielded type, Stepper motors or the VFD to Spindle. I have ordered some and will have to wait for it to arrive. Although this will be a major factor it will also be the lack of proper grounding, replacing the the cables with shielded is a task I'm capable of, but my real fear is the grounding. Even in this forum there are lots of conflicting opinions. I would be terrified of making a mistake like a ground loop or mixing AC with DC grounds. So my fellow cnc'rs if someone can look at the PDF I've attached and direct me where to put ground wires on the VFD and Spindle, The CNC chassis or anywhere else they think fit. I would be extremely grateful.

Coco