After much thought and procrastination onto my 3rd and hopefully best build. It'll be hobby grade in aluminum extrusion. I chose aluminum extrusion for ease of assemble while meeting my accuracy and rigidity requirements. I ordered the extrusion from a Canadian supplier MakerParts and the rails from aliexpress. Hardware from all the different sources to whatever is convenient at the time. The work area will be around 50"x30"x8" with the X axis being the longest so I can use the table as a desk when not in use. I found the longer 1500mm cbeam extrusions flex quite a bit so I mated 3 of them together which seemed to provide adequate stiffness. Still have to tie the back of the beam together. The last thing I did was to mount the 20mm rails on the gantry beam. Some work with the dial indicator up next. The drive system will be R&P from avidcnc. I originally wanted ballscrew but R&P is accurate enough and the easiest to for me to mount. I'll use the electronics, motors, and vhd/spindle from my 2nd cnc, a joes2006. All the plates will be mocked up in 3/4" plywood then likely 1/2" aluminum plate when I finalize the design. I've designed the gantry sides but need to hit the hardware store for some ply.

Maybe an update in a few months as I plan to take this slow. Very slow. Posts are always better with pictures.....