586,036 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Makino FNC106 internal error

I've been a fulltime cnc programmer and process engineer for over 20yrs and
    purchased my Fnc106 at auction almost 2yrs ago because i've always wanted my own machine.
    it's taken longer than i'd like because im learning everything on my own.
    I did get everying working including the tool changer.
    The tool changer has been a problem because i dont have a manual for it. I was told I have all the manuals for the machine and the operators manual has a
    section on operating the ATC i dont have any documentation for trouble shooting and adjusting all the moving parts
    so what happens is the machine will stop with an internal error and i dont have any way to find out what is causing the alarm
    and have yet to see a ATC alarm message on the fanuc system 6m control. do they make a ATC Maintainance manual ?
    ok here is my situation. there was already a Memex BTR installed and while testing and trying to use it and run a
    program from the laptop i now have another internal alarm making automatic operation imposible, no alarm messeges on the control or the LED's on the side of the machine.
    It appears ive lost the few test programs i had in the bubble memory.
    I can manually jog all axis only by pushing the interlock release and cant start the spindle but can orientate the spindle with the ATC button on the side of the machine.
    I suspect its a EN ENABLE sygnal in the TTL logic. I dont get any volt reading at the power input EON, EDF or COM terminals I'm getting 220v to the power stabilizer but
    nothing at the -15v, +15v amd +24V output and nothing at A10 and A0 at terminal Cp36. There are no blown fuses.
    i replaced surge absorber VS11 and the other long thin surge protector. the L031 LED on the power stabilizer slowly becomes solid red after about 5 min after power on.
    I am a poor electrical tester... Volts and continuity is all i really understand.

I'm stuck and dont know how to narrow this down. any advise is greatly appreciated.
    i'll attach pics and can also take\post any other picture that would be needed. if somthing looks out of place
    place dont hessatate to speak up.

thank you very very much
    Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2385.jpg   IMG_2384.jpg   IMG_2381.jpg   IMG_2379.jpg  

IMG_2377.jpg   IMG_2371.jpg   IMG_2370.jpg  

Re: Makino FNC106 internal error

Lee,
    It seems the control is powered on from your description.
    Usually this condition is an interlock from the ATC arm not being at 'standby'.
    I'm assuming a Fanuc 6?

freakycnc, sorry for the slow responce i did not get a notification of your reply to my post. yes, the control is a "system 6m fanuc" . its very possible that the tool changer is the problem. like i said i can jog and home all axis's while holding down the interlock release. what is the best way to find out which part of the tool changer is out of position? and for testing purposes is it possible to bypass the toolchanger to proove that it is indeed the problem?

when using the diagnostics pages i see the 4th axis interlock is active and 4th axis neglect is active although i can referance all axis's while holding down the interlock release
    including the 4th axis. otherwise no alarms are shown.
    what is the differance between an 4th axis interlock and the 4th axis break?