586,061 active members*
4,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ZW3D CAM > VX New to CNC ZONE

VX New to CNC ZONE

I am glad to see that there is now a forum for VX users if there is any questions or anything that we can help with, please let us know. Also feel free "new guys" to check out the website. WWW.VX.COM

Hi, Chad

Glad to see a forum here. I'll be interested to see any discussion on VX. I'm hoping to get the demo soon.
    Hey, why's it going over there?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cammotion View Post
    Hi, Chad

Glad to see a forum here. I'll be interested to see any discussion on VX. I'm hoping to get the demo soon.
    Are you working with someone now? Is there a demo on the way? Did you set up for someone to come in and do a demo with you or on-line? Just curious on where things are at?

Thanks

Im' looking forward to seeing what this is all about. I've poked around the web page, and it seems kewl. I'd like to see how it fits my needs a bit more.
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Quote Originally Posted by big_mak View Post
    Im' looking forward to seeing what this is all about. I've poked around the web page, and it seems kewl. I'd like to see how it fits my needs a bit more.
    I would be happy to give you an online demo or even set up a live demo with you. This way we can discuss the way it will fit right into your exact work and needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Clark View Post
    Are you working with someone now? Is there a demo on the way? Did you set up for someone to come in and do a demo with you or on-line? Just curious on where things are at?

Thanks
    Yes, I know the dealer in my area. He's having a seminar next week, and I'll get a demo then.
    Hey, why's it going over there?!!

Mouse

I noticed that in their documentation they talk about using a 3 button mouse. I'm currently using a wacom graphics tablet instead of a mouse. What if any functions will I be unable to use?

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Price View Post
    I noticed that in their documentation they talk about using a 3 button mouse. I'm currently using a wacom graphics tablet instead of a mouse. What if any functions will I be unable to use?

Todd
    Dear Todd,

Based on doing some information digging the product you are using is for graphics progams and doesn't support CAD applications. You need a three button mouse as the middle button is used to complete specific operations with in the program.

Chad

I just checked out your site, the software looks very cool!

How much (ballpark)?

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    I just checked out your site, the software looks very cool!

How much (ballpark)?

It depends on the exact capabilities you are looking for.

Between $3,000 and $10,000

I would like to discuss this more with you. There is even more than the website shows.

Does your software handle turning work as well or just milling?
    The 3D toolpaths look very nice BTW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    Does your software handle turning work as well or just milling?
    The 3D toolpaths look very nice BTW

Thanks
    VX has teamed up with Dolphin CAD/CAM to bring turning abilities into VX. It is a very simple process.

is there any tutorials books on VX out there at this time?

Yes, there are 5 different training manuals that come with the package.

- CAD Fundamentals
    - Mold & Die Guide
    - CAM Fundamentals
    - Quick Mill Training Guide
    - Dr. Walt's Welcome to VX CAD

VX puts kool into CAD/CAM

Greetings to everyone on the VX forum, I have been running the "End to End " VX package for a while and it is a really stunning package for both CAD and CAM work, having a home grown router in the workshop, VX has made it "Sing".The latest version "13" is due out now and it has features that are going to rock lots of boats to say the least.

As a user it is I have nothing but praise for it, and for all of you who are going to a demo and those only thinking about it, do yourselves a favour and go you wont be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_Clark View Post
    I am glad to see that there is now a forum for VX users if there is any questions or anything that we can help with, please let us know. Also feel free "new guys" to check out the website. WWW.VX.COM
    I would like to edit the website that I originally put to:

http://dolphincadcamusa.com/VXProducts.html

Any ideas on a simple lathe cam program for a beginner, that has reasonable tutorials that actually go thru a project from start to end ?

I would look into Dolphin CAD/CAM USA. Call and ask for Rodney.

http://www.dolphincadcamusa.com