Is anyone here able to tell me how to move my workpiece or my machine zero so that it (my workpiece) is inside the work area?

The first time I opened my gcode file everything was perfect. I.e. The machine's zero and the cone was at the bottom left corner and inside the work area. But, every time since the cone has started in the center of the workpiece (so 3/4 of it is outside the work area) or in some random place where all of the workpiece is outside.

Zeroing the machine and touching off on all three axis does not help. It moves the cone a little but still leaves the workpiece outside the work area.

I tried reading the Linuxcnc instructions and they make no sense at all (at least to me).

I don't really understand what any of the G54 / G92 options do but all of them only seems to make the problem worse. And, once selected, there seems to be no way to undo the damage aside from turning it off and on again....

So, is there a simple method of moving the workpiece or telling Linux CNC where to start?