586,067 active members*
5,340 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T Not Powering Up

Hi
    I've picked up a Mori seiki Sl-4 Lathe. Its been in storage for a few years and now wont power on.
    Ive narrowed it down to the brown plug the plugs into the main board. With this unplug the screen turns on but nothing gets displayed. If its plugged in the power supply trips. Im guessing this is because something is going to ground?
    Does anyone know the next steps i should take to try and get the machine running?

Re: Fanuc 6T Not Powering Up

Quote Originally Posted by brentpinfold View Post
    Hi
    I've picked up a Mori seiki Sl-4 Lathe. Its been in storage for a few years and now wont power on.
    Ive narrowed it down to the brown plug the plugs into the main board. With this unplug the screen turns on but nothing gets displayed. If its plugged in the power supply trips. Im guessing this is because something is going to ground?
    Does anyone know the next steps i should take to try and get the machine running?
    There is a unit that is connected to the Power supply. The power supply will give +24VDC and +5VDC. When there is a short circuit in the machine, the unit (INPUT UNIT) will alarm out red led on (it has two leds, one red and one green) Check this unit.. If it alarms, then disconnect +24VDC and see if the machine will power on or not.
    Input unit part number should be: A14B- 0061- B10X

regards
    Alexfanuc