586,071 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > DIY CNC Machine - Electronics Newbie

Threaded View

DIY CNC Machine - Electronics Newbie

Hello there,

I am wrapping up the structural part of my DIY 5' x 10' CNC machine and I am now moving on to the electronics.

I am using an Acorn controller and three DMM DYN 4 drives & 750w Motors. I am trying to figure out the wiring for the e-stop, contactor and breaker for the 110v for the DYN 4 Drives.

I am eventually going to run it off of 3 phase power in my shop, but right now I am testing on single phase 110 at my home.

Below is a picture of my mockup so far, can you all please let me know if I am headed in the right direction.

A couple questions:

1. Is it ok to use the three pole breaker that I have shown here for single phase? Is it ok to have Neutral going through the breaker or should I just get a single pole breaker where only the line is going through the breaker and the Neutral is going directly to the terminal blocks.

2. I understand I would need to have 24v dc + on to the a1 & a2 terminals

3. Does feeding the terminal blocks in the fashion look ok? And can I then feed the DYN 4 drives with the line and netural from the bottom of the terminal blocks?

4. Is this completely wrong lol

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contactor.jpg