586,058 active members*
4,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > South Bend Magnaturn 612 wanted for CNC conversion

South Bend Magnaturn 612 wanted for CNC conversion

I'm looking for a better solution than what I currently have and thinking of going with a South Bend Magnaturn 612. I know it's an older machine and I'd basically be replacing everything and running it with a Masso touch controller. I'm looking for one that's clean and has all the components required for milling. I know that anything missing will be hard to get. The perfect candidate for me will obviously be a non functioning but otherwise complete machine. It seems like there are a lot of post I'm seeing where folks have these sitting on a pallet for years taking up space so I'm hopeful someone will have one within driving distance. I'm interested in one within 500 miles or so of San Francisco.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 612.jpeg  

Re: South Bend Magnaturn 612 wanted for CNC conversion

Quote Originally Posted by photokev View Post
    I'm looking for a better solution than what I currently have and thinking of going with a South Bend Magnaturn 612. I know it's an older machine and I'd basically be replacing everything and running it with a Masso touch controller. I'm looking for one that's clean and has all the components required for milling. I know that anything missing will be hard to get. The perfect candidate for me will obviously be a non functioning but otherwise complete machine. It seems like there are a lot of post I'm seeing where folks have these sitting on a pallet for years taking up space so I'm hopeful someone will have one within driving distance. I'm interested in one within 500 miles or so of San Francisco.
    Good luck. I've been looking for one for years . Have seen 3 for sale in the last 10 years and very pricy especially now that everything has an inflated price good luck sir. I settled on a Dayna myte DM3000 .Did a Pokeys 57 with Mach4 conversion even the tool changer works .