Hello guys,
I have a Laser business, setup on my garage is a 2.5 unattached garage in the middle of my backyard, is like a half-block away from the street, since fall, we have been doing more projects with MDF Wood because the smell is more noticeable, we got a Pure Air Fume Extractor Smoke Purifier, and we cut wood once a week also we cut acrylic only every other day and prepared and pack the next...

Even with that preventive measures, a neighbor mentions to my wife the smell bothers her, and she wants us to know before she calls the city. the odd thing is that she mentions that the smell bothers her "every day" even that we definitely only cut wood once a week and acrylic every other day at most.

I went to talk with them, talk to the husband and I told him we are gonna test a water-carbon filter system, and even that we do not cut every day, we can definitely adapt our schedule to their needs.

But because I know she has complained before about other neighbors (she came once asking me to call the city for a neighbor behind us)Im 90% sure she will call the city even with the measures we are taking.

So I will like to hear about similar experiences and how went down? Do the city comes and measures smell/smoke levels (ideally for me) do they request specific accommodations, or they just demand to shutdown?

Now, when I start my business, I investigate the requirements for this kind of business, I create a LLC and have a license, my city currently does not requires a specific Permit or has any specifications beyond the basics for any home business.

I know an LLC separates the Person from the Business, so if I get a letter from the city, should I respond differently if is addressed to my person instead of to my LLC? technically I do not own the equipment, is the LLC, but I do own the space where the LLC is operating.

Thanks so much!

Michael