586,096 active members*
3,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > P200M - Adding a Renishaw Probe

P200M - Adding a Renishaw Probe

What is involved in adding a touch probe to an Okuma with a P200M Control if one already has a touch probe and interface (Renishaw OMP)?

From what I can tell, the Okuma control applies probes similar to Fanuc. There is a skip input somewhere, and Macros use G31 skip function to stop axis motion. The position can then be retrieved and used in the Macro, written to a variable, etc.

Okuma specific Documentation for Renishaw probes even mentions this: "The spindle probe must be active and linked to the skip input" for instance.

1. Is activation of the skip input some sort of locked functionality that requires a protected parameter to be changed to activate?

2. Where, physically, is the skip input contact? I can not find a where the skip input is anywhere the manuals and wiring diagrams. It looks like it is located in the same region that the air system related switches and contacts are.

I can find absolutely nothing in the Okuma documentation. The gauging manual assumes the probe is installed. It is only for programming.

Re: P200M - Adding a Renishaw Probe

hy is delicate ; is not common to have probe install experience

why don't u contact an okuma dealer ?

try to contact / pm :
    1) http://www.cnczone.com/forums/members/topgun584.html
    2) http://www.cnczone.com/forums/members/rcaffin.html

guys that manufacture probes may also be contacted, but it may be easier to go through your dealer 4 that ...
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

P200M - Adding a Renishaw Probe

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter7 View Post
    What is involved in adding a touch probe to an Okuma with a P200M Control if one already has a touch probe and interface (Renishaw OMP)?

From what I can tell, the Okuma control applies probes similar to Fanuc. There is a skip input somewhere, and Macros use G31 skip function to stop axis motion. The position can then be retrieved and used in the Macro, written to a variable, etc.

Okuma specific Documentation for Renishaw probes even mentions this: "The spindle probe must be active and linked to the skip input" for instance.

1. Is activation of the skip input some sort of locked functionality that requires a protected parameter to be changed to activate?

2. Where, physically, is the skip input contact? I can not find a where the skip input is anywhere the manuals and wiring diagrams. It looks like it is located in the same region that the air system related switches and contacts are.

I can find absolutely nothing in the Okuma documentation. The gauging manual assumes the probe is installed. It is only for programming.
    I am looking to do the same thing on our new Okuma L3000.

Were you successful? What was involved?

Thanks

Hi. Shooter
    Excuse me. I do not understand, a sensor (OMP-60 and OMI-2) is already installed on the machine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OMI-2.jpg   OMP-60.JPG   SSU.jpg  

Hi
    Wiring diagram

Sergey - thanks! Very helpful

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm looking to add a touch setter and possible probe to an older 700m with G31 skip.
    I happen to have some of the hardware/interface from another machine but I would like wiring diagrams and if anyone has it, the macros I need.