586,117 active members*
3,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Romi Password

I would like to adjust the backlash settings in the perameters on my Bridgeport Romi Lathe (1995 model with Brdigeport controller) and I need the password to get into the perameters. I have an EZTrack SX Mill (1996 model with Bridgeport DX controller) and the password for it does not work on the lathe even though they have identical controllers. Does anyone have an idea on what the PW would be? And any advise on adjusting the backlash settings is welcome.

Mike

YOu should be able to edit the parameter list via the use of a DOS text editor out of a DOS screen at C prompt.

All you need to know is which parameter to edit.....

Thanks for responding, but I am not savvy enough with DOS to attempt editing in that manner.

Since this behaves similar to the DX32 control try: 111257

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Maybe I'm not using the proper procedure for accessing the parameters. From the main screen, I am pressing the "*" and it is bringing up the pasword box. I enter the password and hit "Enter". I just tried it on my EZTrak mill and its not letting me access the parameters either. And I know those passwords are good because Hardinge gave them to me and I had accessed it using them before. Am I supposed to be doing this from Boot-up?

The trak is 11235.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks. I had the password for the EZTrak. I forgot that you have to push Enter twice after entering the password. Evie @ Hardinge reminded me. Unfortunately, that PW doesn't work on the EZPath though. I have tried 11235, 11257, 111257 and 51443 and none of them work.

TRY going to DOS. Make sure you are in the root directory. Type in PFM.exe and press ENTER. This should get you into the BMDC parameters.
    Arrow down to EDIT MACHINE PARAMETERS and press ENTER.
    Then arrow down until you find the backlash parameters.

George

People may laugh but there is a 'free' DOS semi-GUI called DOSSHELL that is in DOS 5 and above.

When it is loaded on a DOS C:\ drive, all you do is type in DOSSHELL and up comes a "windows-like" GUI screen. You can hit F5 or F8 ( don't recall) but one of them will enable you to see/read anything that is in TEXT format - the Bridgeport BMDC paramter file is text based so it is easily read and/or modified with a text editor or even a word processing program that edits TXT files.

IF you know which parameter to edit, you can simply exit to DOS, and via the EDLIN command, edit any of the fields in the parameter list.

Or, if you have DOSSHELL, you simply higlight the PFM program (it should e there in C:\ as it loads automatically when the BMDC files are loaded), hit ENTER and PFM should will run. Hit CNTRL C and PFM will terminate.

If you're running a BMDC based machine of ANY type (VMC, EzTrak, V2XT, Romi Lathe, etc), it is in your better interest to learn a bit about manouvering around in DOS.

You'ld be AMAZED at the damage you can create and/or the carnage you can fix from a DOS screen.....

Hi md63825

Try 51143 and another one they used was 007
    Mactec54