586,403 active members*
2,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > PIC Programing / Design > Pic encoder wiring A B i and T

Pic encoder wiring A B i and T

Im stuck and need some help! ive got some servo controllers built using the Picservo-sc chips, however I am having a hard time understanding how to make the servo encoder connecections. the chip only calls for encoder connections A and B. 5+ Gnd and Index. The units I would like to make work have A channel B channel and A (with overscore) B (With Overscore), Is this channel negative or common?, I also have i (index pulse I assume) and a T wire (unknown) its an encoder on a electrocraft motor. I just dont know where to connect the following.
    _ _
    A B i and T(could be a capital I) wires to my pic servo sc chip, or explain what the different symbols are (wave inverted I think, but that doesnt help me)

hope someone else here has been here before. hellllllp TIA

The channels with the over score or NOT are the complement or inverse of the channel which is not overscored, this is a differential encoder and is made this way to implement noise cancellation, it uses a differential driver IC.
    If you only want a A & B channel you can ignore the /A & /B.
    The I & /I are the index or marker , one per rev pulse
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

seems like a silly question now.

Thanks Al,
    After writing that I hooked allencoder wires up to my scope and tested each wire and found out exactly the same thing. (guess I should have started with that)
    Its not a T after all just an I for index with an overscore or inverted sign, on a very poorly printed spec sheet
    Just so I understand this correctly and possibly for others, I will just omit the inverted A B and i, and leave the wires disconnected. should I experiment with noise cancellation, this is where the others would come in handy.
    Thanks yet again for your valuable input, I appreciate all the time you spend in these forums.
    Gurvy.

Use A,B&I
    If you want to make use of the differential feature, there are differential reciever IC's this way you use all six connections and obtain the noise cancellation feature.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.