586,060 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco VMX24 Tool Changer Alignment

Hurco VMX24 Tool Changer Alignment

I have a VMX24. Had a crash in the Z-axis, while trying to correct everything The swingarm crashed into the spindle with a tool holder in it. Now the swing arm is visually not in line at 0 and it is throwing tools out during a change. It's like the arm isn't grabbing the tools enough. I need some help on how to get it back in alignment so maybe it will start holding again. Can I get this done without losing the height on the arm? Any help would be appreciated. (The tool change height has been corrected)

Re: Hurco VMX24 Tool Changer Alignment

THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOUR TOOLCHANGE HEIGHT OF SPINDLE IS GOOD!!!
    The solution is very simple, folow this steps:
    1. Remove the arm from the ATC unit (only the part that grabs tools - lossen 4 screws and pull it down)
    2. Put one tool in spindle, one in ATC pocket
    3. Go to ATC Diagnostic, press "Orient Spindle", then "Tool pocket down", then "ARM 60 degres"
    4. After previous steps done you can put the arm back on and rotate it manualy to grab both tools (tool in spindle and tool in ATC pocket), and then tighten the arm to ATC.
    5. Then in ATC diagnostics press "Clamp/Unclamp" (it will unclamp the tool in spindle, and hold it unclamped until you press clamp again but it wont let You until you finish the tool change)
    6. Then press "Rotate arm" (this will pull the arm down and rotate it)
    7. Then pres "ARM UP" (this will pull the arm up), then press "Spindle clamp"
    8. Finaly press "ARM 0 degrees" and You are done.