586,123 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Corel draw

Smile Corel draw

I have just purchased a Laser engraver and it comes with Laser Cut 5.3 software. Do I need Corel Draw as well and is Corel Draw a recommended program. I am really a newbie when it comes to laser engraving.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by medicsteele View Post
    I have just purchased a Laser engraver and it comes with Laser Cut 5.3 software. Do I need Corel Draw as well and is Corel Draw a recommended program. I am really a newbie when it comes to laser engraving.
    Thank you

Your LaserCut software is the software that drives your laser. It is capable of doing some basic cutting/rastering functions but it would not normally be the only software you would use.

A lot will depend on what you want to produce with your laser. For engraving you would need some photo editing software like Photoshop and for cutting a vector drawing package like CorelDraw.

If you intend engraving photographs I would recommend Photgrav. This software will help you resize, adjust resolution and process photographs into a usable format.

The files you produce with these softwares can then be imported into LaserCut from which you can send them to your laser.

I would also recomment that you read as many posts as you can both on this forum and over on Sawmill Creek. You will learn a lot in a short space of time, and you will continue to learn. There are many experienced users on these forums who are happy to share their experience and offer advice.

Good luck

Dave.

Corel draw

Thank you VERY much. I appreciate your post.

Dave,

I agree 100%. The same would be true for people with MoshiDraw or Newlydraw too.

These programs should really be considered 'drivers', and I highly recommend getting Corel, ArtCam or a CAD program for the design side (depending on what your application is).

Zax.