Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if I can get some help from somebody who might have a similar setup.

For the past year I have been slowly putting together my CNC and with the help from all the forums including this one, I was able to actually put this thing together. So far everything is working amazingly well. I can load up a program and cut a piece of wood (that's all I have tried so far just cutting hardwood and lumber no aluminum)

The way I have this thing working is, I will turn on the spindle manually on the VFD and then go to my computer and start the program. All of that is working with no issues.

What I would like to try to do is wire the VFD to my MB3 board and use Mach 4 to control spindle coming ON at the beginning of the program and turning OFF on the end of the program. I have tried to find some information online but the few things that I have found I did not quite understand, or the person had a different controller board then I have.

I am wondering if there's anybody here that has a similar setup to mine and can share how exactly they wired their MB3 to a VFD and what settings did they use in Mach4 to have this thing working correctly. I see on my MB3 manual where I must wire the VFD but I am not sure what terminal on my VFD I have to use, and other than enabling Mach4 settings what else must be done to have this thing working properly. If there's anybody that can give me a help with wiring this thing correctly it would be greatly appreciated.

Darko