Hello. New to CNCZone and CNC in general. Background in software development, microcontrollers, electronic design/prototyping, woodworking and metalworking.

I've just bought a new Chinese 4-axis 3040 CNC router with USB controller and 300W air-cooled spindle. I think the controller (black box) is dead on arrival. When I turn on the power switch it lights up but the fan in back does not spin. When I turn on the spindle switch it does not light up, and the spindle does not spin regardless of the speed dial setting. I've measured and there is no AC or DC voltage across the two pins of the spindle socket in back of the box. The emergency stop switch is not pressed in. I've checked the fuse and it's good.

Can anyone with with one of these machines tell me if your spindle turns on when you do the above steps with the USB cable disconnected? I'm interested in any information, even if your router, controller, and/or spindle is different than mine.

When I do connect the computer via USB cable and try to jog the axes nothing happens, but the seller provided no registration key for the obviously pirated software so I'm not sure if that should work in restricted mode.

Thanks for any answers, and I hope I can do the same for others if and when I get the machine working.