586,080 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Programmable Coolant Nozzle-SpiderCool

Programmable Coolant Nozzle-SpiderCool

I attended the Eastec trade show this year and was really impressed with a product called SpiderCool. It's a servo-controlled programmable coolant nozzle that delivers a high pressure stream right on the cutting point. Unlike P-cool, it's only competitor, SpiderCool can be programmed(without m-codes) to sweep the entire tool length to provide superior chip evacuation and cooling effect. I recently became a distributer in the MN area and am looking for customers interested in trying this option out- it can be added to existing coolant systems or can be installed with a higher pressure pump up to 1, 000psi. If anyone has questions or feedback to offer about an experience they've already had with SpiderCool I would love to converse. SpiderCool claims the system allows for faster feed rates(10%-35%), increases tool life dramatically, and eliminates manual coolant adjustments to reduce cycletimes, increase safety, and position a company to have better success with "lights-out" production. The basic system is around $2, 500 and pays for itself in 2 1/2 mo. with single shift operation. http://productionpal.googlepages/home or www.spidercool.com for more info.

SpiderCool...

bump...

Hi, firstly i would have to say im not really a potential customer, as 2,500$ coolant nozzles are way out of my league. That said i would be interested to know how the nozzle controller identify which tool has been loaded by the ATC without information from the machine controller?

I saw in the marketing spiel that the machine uses a patented "intelligent interface", but you seem to have missed off any reference to the patent number.

I wouldn't sell yourself short...even you are potential Spidercool user. $2, 500 would include a couple of additional options not included in the basic unit. You can purchase a STD unit for $1, 995 that will not sweep between two points. For $200 more you get the option- called Auto-Drill. The tool changer signals are monitored through existing sensors or via RS-232 if DPRNT feature is available on the control...

I am going to pass this info on too our engineering staff. I see a few machines which may benefit from something like this. Also you link above doesn't work.
    http://productionpal.googlepages/home

Bob

SpiderCool Info...

Sorry..the correct web site address is http://productionpal.googlepages.com/home
    If you have an e-mail address I can send you an electronic brochure...

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest....

SpiderCool Pictures

Pictures....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spidercool1.jpg   spidercool2.jpg