586,117 active members*
3,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 124 ALARM-A stroke end limit cancel 1 (LS30-N OSP 5000 green )
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: 124 ALARM-A stroke end limit cancel 1 (LS30-N OSP 5000 green )

Quote Originally Posted by defcom View Post
    Yes, in the new panel worked correctly to move the axis. That's why I already knew where to look.

Problem diagnosed, one IC was damaged on the board from the photo. After replacement everything works as it should !!!

Well done!!!! May I ask how you determined or isolated that chip as being faulty? I resolved my issues too!

I was being thrown a curve ball because the last Okuma tech during a previous diagnoses deliberately switched plugs around at the one of the cards in order to isolate an issue. Once he found the problem he did not put the plugs back. But the machine worked fine. Of course I did not know he left some of the plugs all out of place on the main rack.

Then months later when my end stroke alarm came, due to the plugs being connected wrong the alarm was not correct. The actual alarm fault in REALITY was an SPB monitor alarm. I replaced the panel circuit board (from a my spares) and the problem was solved and the machine now runs normal again

Now seeing you have replaced that bad chip I'm thinking that my failed board may have the same component failure as yours. How can I test it?

Yep! Because the last Okuma tech left the plugs on one of the boards out of place, I later learned they do this to isolate faults. He fixed that fault then but did not put the plugs back as they should be. So the Alarm A end stroke was a misrepresentation of what was in fact a SBP monitor alarm!

A circuit board in the CRT panel was replaced and the machine is up and running again.

Talk about being thrown a curve ball!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    Tell the story. It doesn't happen out of nowhere?
    Did you read the thread? If the "OT Release" switch active?
    Algirdas, did you see my update. Take a look at the last posts here, solved.

Quote Originally Posted by rotec View Post
    Well done!!!! May I ask how you determined or isolated that chip as being faulty? I resolved my issues too!

I was being thrown a curve ball because the last Okuma tech during a previous diagnoses deliberately switched plugs around at the one of the cards in order to isolate an issue. Once he found the problem he did not put the plugs back. But the machine worked fine. Of course I did not know he left some of the plugs all out of place on the main rack.

Then months later when my end stroke alarm came, due to the plugs being connected wrong the alarm was not correct. The actual alarm fault in REALITY was an SPB monitor alarm. I replaced the panel circuit board (from a my spares) and the problem was solved and the machine now runs normal again

Now seeing you have replaced that bad chip I'm thinking that my failed board may have the same component failure as yours. How can I test it?
    Take a meter and check if any of these modules have different resistances, if one is shorted and the others are not then you have a diagnosis

Page 3 of 3 123