I have a water-cooled 1.5KW Chinese spindle with a GX16 4-pin connector that I want to connect to a Huanyang 220V VFD. I purchased a VFD cable from AutomationDirect (VFDC-16-4B-1) without first checking to make sure that it would fit. Oops. The cable diameter is much too large at about 12.7mm. I found a spec for a GX16 connector that shows a maximum cable diameter of 8.5mm. I tried machining the connector with a Dremel but it's far too small. I contacted AutomationDirect and they responded that I should swap the connector or direct-wire the motor. I'd like to swap the connector and I'm looking for an alternative that can accommodate the cable. I thought of bumping up to a larger size of GX-type connector, but the GX20 shows a max cable diameter of 9.5mm, and the GX25 shows a max of 11.5mm, so it looks like I'd have to go all the way up to a GX30. Alternatively, I could switch to a different type of connector. I see a widely available P20-4 "waterproof" connector that lists a "wire hole diameter" of 12.2mm, which is probably close enough. Has anyone run into this problem and swapped out the GX-type connectors with a different type, such as P-style connectors?