Hello All,

I'm currently in the conversion stage of my Bridgeport Series 1 CNC, the machine originally had a Anilam Crusader M 3-axis control. However, over time components have failed, the machine is in great shape and I didn't want to scrape. I decided to upgrade to a PC type CNC control with new AC DMM servo motors. After everyone's recommendations, I decided to utilize the .75KW NEMA 34 motors and DYN4 drives. I have adapted the new servo motor to my existing Anilam motor mounts by adding a 1.00" plate between the motor and the mount. This has created another issue, now the shaft is not long enough, so now I need some type of shaft extension or a wider pulley. I would like to try to utilize some of my old Anilam timing components but the gear ratios may not be right for the new AC servos, the original machine had Baldor140VDC servos.

Currently since my machine is inoperative, my fabrication abilities are very limited. The new DMM servo has a 14mm key-way shaft, would it be better to utilize timing pulley stock? Steel or Aluminum?

What have others utilized to solve this issue, any and all recommendations would be appreciated. I found an older thread on DMM upgrade pulleys but have decided to start a new one.

The "X" and "Y" axis components are identical, here is what I currently have:

AXIS MTR PULLEY P/N (SM) PULLEY
GROOVES
SHAFT DIA. TABLE PULLEY
P/N (LG)
PULLEY
GROOVES
SHAFT DIA. BELT
WIDTH
BELT
P/N
GEAR
RATIO
"X" AND "Y" MAUREY 14L050CMPB 14 .625" W/KEY WAY TL21L050 21 TAPER LOCK 1108 .500" 300L050G 1:5
"Z" MAUREY? 10 .625" W/ KEY WAY TB18L050 18 TAPER LOCK 1108 .500" W/KEY WAY .500" 187L050 1:8

"X" and "Y" Axis:

"Z" Axis:

Thanks,, Mark