Hey there,

I'm back again (and so soon). I just got my Kflop talking to my Gecko to run my motors (Check). Next step is figuring out how to configure KMotion in CL Step mode to help control my motor position. I've spend the last couple hours trying to figure out the best set of values to use across the Config and Step Response screens, but I'm having trouble understanding what I'm seeing. There's no load on my motors, so I had assumed that my encoder would simply track the motor Position and no corrections would be applied. However, as soon as I try to increase my Integral Coefficient to anything besides '0' my Output (or Correction) immediately goes off the charts. Here's my setup:

Controller: KFLOP (powered by USB)
Driver: Gecko G540
Motors: NEMA 23s w/ Encoders (STP-MTR-23079E)
Encoders: Incremental with Line Drive (Differential) Output (STP-MTRA-ENC9)

The encoders are sending 400 ppr so for Quadrature I'm assuming that means 1600 counts per revolution. The Gecko automatically applies 10 usteps per full step and my motors have the standard 200 steps per rev. All this together means my Gain = 2000/1600 = 1.25. I've tried other values, but they just make the situation look worse. I also setup a 2nd Order Low Pass filter following the example on the Dynomotion website (Freq = 100Hz, Q =1.4) and Downloaded it to the KFlop, but I didn't seen any change in behavior.

I ended up limiting the Max Correction applied until I can fix the in stability, I realize I'm probably asking super newbie questions again, but please know it's with the intention of learning more.
Please see attached screen shots and, as always, any advice would be greatly appreciated.