I'm sure some of you have seen this one on ebay. I picked it up for $2,584 shipped from AZ to AL. Since it was sold as not working I assume it will need stepper drivers and or a Mach 3 breakout board and power supply. Fingers crossed its BLDC drive and motor are functional enough to buy me a few months.

I'm hoping some people can answer a few questions. First, I don't recognize the "tool holder" which looks like it's aluminum with a flat(s) and what looks to be an endmill maybe sticking out. This doesn't look like other NM135/KX3 or Syil spindles I have seen before either. Could this be some sort of high speed spindle or the 3500 rpm? Not sure if there are differences. I am hoping it's atleast a R8 spindle capable of 5000-6000 RPM. For all I know the controller/motor may be the only change for 3.5K vs 6K. Hopefully it's not one of those Sieg OZ25 or whatever collet setups. My ideal pick would be iso 30.

I believe it has a A2Z bed plate probably to gain some Y axis as the chip tray beds are 1/16 smaller? Is that 1/16 x 2 smaller? I am hoping I have a revision capable of 7.5" on the Y axis. I purchased it planning to mod the Y even if that means casting the base in granite with 25mm linear rail mounts and a shimmed head.

It looks to have some sort of coolant system missing the adjustable loc line? I didn't bother asking a bunch of questions from the seller as he clearly was a reseller and would have added the information had he known. I know this unit was on ebay a few times first starting around 4000 if I recall correctly. I hadn't planned on buying a full cnc at the time but a PM25 to convert but the current wait times with price increase made this a no brainer.

Thanks and I greatly appreciate any information you may have. No wrong answers on this one...

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk