586,655 active members*
4,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: parameter

parameter

I am a machinist running a Mori-Seiki SV-50 vertical machining center. I am engraving signs and plaques for the company and filesize has gotten to be a limitation. There is a parameter which can be changed to enable the machine to run direct from the PC (distributed numerical control) and I am trying to find it. From the cncci website...

"This is pretty much the same protocol used for distributive numerical control (transfering a program in its entirety), but with an emphasis on handshaking - usually with xon/xoff . Usually a setting paramter controls whether the cycle start button will activate a program in the control's memory or a program from the serial communications port (computer). With Fanuc controls, it's usually on the setting page and labled Input Device. For most control models, it must be set to RMT (For remote) when you want to run directly from a computer."

Been on the setting page and looked at the manuals available and can't seem to find it. Can anyone help?

You do not mention what control this is but with some Fanuc models require a bit set in the ladder for DNC, This can take the form of a fron panel switch or enclosure switch to enable it.
    For example on the 0 it requires register bit G127.5 to be set.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I will try to find the control # tomorrow.

Sorry for the double post. I lost my ISP connection and after logging back on, the post was not there and I reposted. I guess it was floating around in internet land for a bit.

Thanks.

The number above the screen is MSC-518. What control number is this? There is a SV50-406 on the top of the control panel. Sorry I am not as knowlegeable as I should be. I want to learn.

Mori Seiki Engineer

Well, as your question MSC-518 is Fanuc-18 Series but I'm not sure your model may be Model B or C. You should look at Fanuc Data sheet which attached inside the Electrical book then you can find an answer. For your machine better to use the Data Server. More easy.
    Thanks.
    [email protected]

Thanks to everyone for all the answers. I finally got it going, I was overcomplicating it a bit. I just put the machine in tape mode and single block, cycle start to begin receiving, sent the program, turned single block off and cycle start again. Worked great.

It would only single block at first, I had to go to the setting screen and change this....

TAPE FORMAT 0: NO CNV 1: F15

It was set to 0 and I set it to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC SERVICE View Post
    Well, as your question MSC-518 is Fanuc-18 Series but I'm not sure your model may be Model B or C. You should look at Fanuc Data sheet which attached inside the Electrical book then you can find an answer. For your machine better to use the Data Server. More easy.
    Thanks.
    [email protected]
    Hey Cheif I was wondering if you or any one could help me obtain the parameters for a Fanuc 5t (mori seiki machine) please. If so can you email them to me @ [email protected]

Thank you